5 Things On My Mind This WeekPosted: November 15, 2010
Happy Monday everyone! After being sick in bed for the majority of last week, I am actually excited to be back at work! For those of you who do not feel the same way, I suggest you make a list of 5 things on your mind or 5 things you are excited about in the upcoming week or weeks. Here is what’s currently on my mind:
1. Reading- On Saturday, I spent much of the beautiful day outside at the Farmer’s Market in Union Square where I was able to buy some delicious tomatoes and spend time with some friends. When our feet grew tired, one friend and I ventured into Barnes and Noble to check out the new book selection and sit down for a little while. I just love how you can sit in the middle of the floor in a bookstore and no one thinks anything of it. While perusing the book shelves, I came across a book I forgot I wanted to read- Blow By Blow. This tells the story of Isabella Blow by her husband Detmar Blow. Isabella, among other things, discovered Alexander McQueen and Philip Treacy and also served as their muse before shockingly committing suicide in 2007. Needless to say, this chic book is a must-read for any fashionista.
2. The Sparkling New Clutch from Banana Republic- Sunday was spent watching the Dolphins play football and shopping in Soho. As the day went on and grew colder and colder, my friend and I ran from store to store and ducked in Banana Republic to check out their winter apparel and see if we could take advantage of their 30% percent off sale. Sadly, I could not find the sweater I was looking for but we did come across this fabulous new clutch perfect for a night out in New York City.
3. Home Decor- I am all moved in to my new apartment but there is still so much to be done! I still need to hang all my wall decor in my room and invest in a few new pieces. I want to buy a pretty chalkboard to brainstorm new ideas for my blog and lots of frames to hang pictures like this one of my family and myself:
4. Glee- This week’s guest star is Gwenyth Paltrow! So excited to see her performance.
5. Countdown to Thanksgiving Break- Since I live so far away from home, I am very THANKFUL to be able to fly to Ohio next week. I will get to spend time with family, friends and, for the first time ever, compete in a cousin-on-cousin competition. Many of our cousins (myself included) claim to be the best in the family at Friends trivia. This Thanksgiving, we will see who really knows the most of the ten seasons. The winner, of course, wins a beef trifle.